Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Sip Of Coffee: How to Make a Mocha Frappucino

How to Make a Mocha Frappucino


What I have for you today is a recipe for mocha frappucino adapted from Starbucks Frappuccino recipe.  I think it’s appropriate I post my version of a mocha frappucino because I’ve been making 2 of them daily this week to keep me going through the day.  This recipe is very flexible and don’t worry if you don’t have an espresso maker.  Strong coffee will work just fine.  I hope to be back to posting something new and fresh for you soon.  In the mean time, please enjoy a nice blended coffee drink for me.
My home version of Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino Recipe
Ingredients:
1.5 cups of crushed iced
3/4 cup of milk
2-1 ounce shots (2 ounces total) espresso *read below using coffee as a substitute
1 tbl. of sugar (more or less depending on preference)
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
*optional whipped cream in a can or freshly made and chocolate syrup
*If you don’t have an espresso machine, use 3/4 cup of double strength (strong) coffee mixed with 1/2 cup of milk and increased crushed iced amount by 1/4 cup.
Directions:
Blend all the ingredients except the whipped cream in a blender for 45 seconds.  Pour into a tall glass and top off with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate syrup. Best served with a straw. Enjoy!
**Other Variations**
*Use splenda, flavored coffee syrups, or flavored coffee creamers for a portion of the milk. For a richer beverage, use half and half (Low-Carb), or heavy cream for a portion of the milk.
<333 ME

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I found your blog on Elle&Blair.com.

    Would love it if you could check out mine and follow back publicly via the GFC link.
    Also, having a MAC giveaway soon.

    JaciWalker.blogspot.com

    Jaci.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Share some love and comment. I check my comments everyday and they make my day :)- xoxo